Sunday 13 May 2012

Drawing with Friends

As regular readers may know, I went along to a few Bristol Sketchers meet ups when I lived out there. A really simple concept of meeting up with a bunch of people and drawing for an hour or two.
I was pleased to discover when I started my new job in London that a couple of people in my office did a similar thing on Friday lunches, of which I have blogged about and enjoy going along to as often as possible.

It's really got me into drawing more than I have been before I'm really starting to enjoy it.
I have loosened up my attitude and aim to create and explore not to produce a photo perfect copy of what I see but just to express what I am seeing and incorporate some of the detail I see.

I am very lucky to have a lot of creative and artistic friends. Drawing with them gives me a chance to catch up with them and enjoy their company as well as getting creative together.
So this sat afternoon I had the lovely Claire and Sophie for company and we wandered along near Towerbridge, before settling in a Samuel Smiths ye olde pub.





No comments:

Post a Comment