Sunday 12 June 2011

Martha's First Birthday

Couple of my friends have little people now. I usually post a congrats but I often make a special present too.

My friends Kate and Tim's little daughter Martha turned 1 last month. Tim asked if she could have gifts that were handmade for Martha to keep forever. Taking up the challenge I began to sketch, initially I was going to create a blanket but I was itching to do some appliqué. Tim and I are both green fingered and use to have a shared allotment in Maidstone, so I figured a nature based theme might go down well and seeing as I enjoy cartooning I would combine the two. I thought it came out quite well, and it was good fun to make.

1 comment:

  1. I love love love this! It hangs above Martha's cot and it's just perfect there. Thank you so much for making something so special for our special little girl x

    ReplyDelete